Thursday 3 February 2011

Exhibition time!

My paintings fiiiinally went up in the 2nd year Fine Art exhibition at The Poly in Falmouth on Tuesday :) The 2 days of hanging the show were a bit of a nightmare, but it all turned out fine in the end. Here's a photo of me with my paintings- the horrible flash does nothing for them whatsoever, but it's the only one I've got!


I had the obligatory group crit of the work today (holding a discussion about our work in groups of 5 or 6 led by a tutor) and people seemed positive about the paintings. However, I get the feeling that the graphic style/diagrammatic nature of the way I work makes people see it as inaccessible and a bit cold... I hope I can somehow combat this!

Anyway, if you're reading this and saw the exhibition/have an opinion on the paintings as you see them on here, don't hesitate to let me know what you think. Reactions to my work are always welcome :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment