Friday 22 October 2010

Opulence- Circular Objects

This was the first project I did on my art foundation course I was happy with, but I'm going to skim over the details of this because it was so long ago.

I think it was around February 2009 when we were set this title. I didn't think it was very inspiring, but chose to go down the route of visual opulence- basically an excuse to explore my favourite things- paint and colour!

Another aspect of it was seeing opulence in the mundane. I began to collect lots of circular objects and photograph them against white paper:








And also do the same with pastels:











These morphed into a series of paintings (I like the green one best):







And in turn the green painting evolved into a "glass panel painting":




With the rather limited facilities on my foundation course, this never became a proper painting you could hang on the wall. The things joining the corners together (for the purposes of this photograph only) were chopped-up glue gun glue sticks, and sadly it has since been disassembled. However, I'm currently revisiting the glass panel idea, so watch this space for an updated version...

P.S. The watermarks on these images are because they're from my DeviantART page.







No comments:

Post a Comment