Friday 22 October 2010

Howdy.

Well, here goes, my first blog post!

I wanted to start this a) to keep me on my toes and b) to get my work out in the big wide world a bit more. I hope you enjoy having a browse and please let me know what you think, good or bad. An artiste always likes to know how her work and ideas are being received!

As for anyone out there who is hawk-eyed- yes, the blog title is taken from The XX song "Islands". I chose this because it's a bit like my head and the ideas inside it; secret and secluded as little islands or growing and unfolding into vibrant cities... that's the arty-farty explanation anyway :) I also just love the song!

I'm going to start by posting the work I did on my art foundation course (2008-2009), and in the first year of my Fine Art degree (2009-2010). Then I'll get onto what I'm up to at the moment, with a few oddities and ramblings thrown in.

Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment